dearmfield

Katherine Dunn
The Chameleon Couch
Yusef Komunyakaa

Wild Children

Wild Children - Richard  Roberts Richard Roberts writes fantasy focused around folk tales, fairy tales and mythology. He has had strange jobs such as breeding tarantulas and translating Japanese television to english. And here we have Wild Children which shows how one can write such an interesting piece or work.

What caught my eye was the title. I have four daughters 3 of 4 are wild, the other one is watching her sisters learning to be wild. Yeah I'm going to need stables to train my wild children.

In "Wild Children" we meet children who are miss behaved in one way or another. They are turned into an animal based on their behavior. Donkeys, Birds, Cats, Unicorn, etc. Now as owner ship of mainly the rich people, they give us readers the story behind their character.

My favorite Wild Child is Jinx. A black cat who is a wandering. No owner and can see what others can't. With a little bit of The Cat's Eye reference by Steven King. The two birds Right and Left play a huge part through out Robert's wonderful story.

If you want fantasy Robert Richard has it covered. Wild Children will bring out your animal as you tear through this novel. I wonder what animal I would of became. I was a devious SOB in middle school.